Re: Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

 ❦ 13 août 2014 01:44 +0200, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> :

>>> Scaling fonts alone is not sufficient if you want to properly support
>>> HiDPI displays. You really want all UI elements to be scaling up,
>>> otherwise icons etc get tiny and very hard to hit.
>>>
>>> XFCE does not deal with that problem at all.
>>
>> Everything seems to use DPI settings for that. You set DPI and scaling
>> happens for other parts of the interface.
>
> I can not confirm your findings.
>
> If you increase the DPI settings under XFCE following the instructions
> posted by Ted, none of the UI elements besides text are scaled, no
> scaled cursor, no scaled icons, no scaled window decorations, etc.

As I am using awesome, window decorations, desktop icons are quite
unknown to me. What gets scaled for free is all the GTK and QT widgets.
--
printk(KERN_WARNING "Multi-volume CD somehow got mounted.\n");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/isofs/inode.c