Re: Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

Am 12.08.2014 21:11, schrieb Theodore Ts'o:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 12:26:18PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
>> See my 1st message to this thread.
>
> Joey,
>
> With respect to your question re HiDPI displays and Xfce, I'm using
> Xfce4 from Debian Testing on a Lenovo T540p with 3k screen, and
> setting things up was fairly straight forward.  I got most of what I
> needed by setting Custom DPI Setting in Settings -> Appearance ->
> Fonts -> DPI.

Scaling fonts alone is not sufficient if you want to properly support
HiDPI displays. You really want all UI elements to be scaling up,
otherwise icons etc get tiny and very hard to hit.

XFCE does not deal with that problem at all.

universe are pointed away from Earth?