Re: Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

 ❦ 13 août 2014 00:25 +0200, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> :

>> Joey,
>>
>> With respect to your question re HiDPI displays and Xfce, I'm using
>> Xfce4 from Debian Testing on a Lenovo T540p with 3k screen, and
>> setting things up was fairly straight forward.  I got most of what I
>> needed by setting Custom DPI Setting in Settings -> Appearance ->
>> Fonts -> DPI.
>
> Scaling fonts alone is not sufficient if you want to properly support
> HiDPI displays. You really want all UI elements to be scaling up,
> otherwise icons etc get tiny and very hard to hit.
>
> XFCE does not deal with that problem at all.

Everything seems to use DPI settings for that. You set DPI and scaling
happens for other parts of the interface. I am not using a DE and I set
DPI through xrdb.
--
 /* Am I fucking pedantic or what? */
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/qlogicpti.h