Re: First steps towards source-only uploads

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 01:27:38PM +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> First, w-b has to recognize that arch:all packages need to be built.
> And they need to be scheduled on a buildd which builds the arch:all
> packages (and only the arch:all packages?).
>
> For the latter I assume sbuild would need an option to build only the
> arch:all packages using dpkg-buildpackage -A. It would also be
> interesting to test which packages FTBFS in this case.

I don't think there's a good reason to build them separately, and some
good reasons not to (for example, it would waste a good deal of buildd
time for a number of packages without very hygienic separation of their
build rules).  My suggestion would be to just build them along with the
architecture-dependent binaries for some nominated architecture, which
could be package-specific or not depending on what you all have time
for, and be done with it.