Re: Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

On 08/11/2014 09:45 PM, Johannes Schaffrath wrote:
On 08/11/2014 07:38 PM, David Weinehall wrote:
* If you download you can pick the smallest option possible;
   thus the default desktop is irrelevant -- people with plenty
   of bandwidth will probably go with the default, but if you know
   that your connectivity is expensive you'll go for something small
   (possibly forgoing the tasks system altogether)

* If you use ready-made CD/DVD images they'll be fixed size no matter
   what.  If you sneaker-net them you definitely want them to be full,
   not half-full.

Regards: David
I fully agree. It doesn't matter how do you have to pay for CD's or DVD's for the default DE. The user will choose the iso which they need. If we are really worried about the iso and people with a bad connection then we should split the LXDE and Xfce iso.
I stick to it:
* Debian doesn't need a default desktop,
* CD1 should be renamed similar to KDE, Xfce/LXDE CD isos and maybe a Mate iso would be great and * the option to choose a DE should be hidden in the advanced options for netisos.

Best Johannes (debian user)
Not should... I mean shouldn't be hidden:)