Re: [FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> schrieb:
> Unless we were to decide to make an exception re internal libraries
> (which seems unlikely in this case given the general discussion on
> security load), this package is not going to make it into Debian
> anytime soon, which from my POV is very sad - I had thought we were
> closer than this.

I don't know mythtv, but if it's just a digital video recorder, there's
no significant risk ever needing security updates. A local, forked copy
is problematic for a video player since someone may open a malformed video
file, but malformed DVB streams are a different ballpark. Please contact
us at team@security.debian.org so that we sort that out.

Cheers,
        Moritz