Re: (Possible) bug in fglrx dependencies in Sid(Unstable)

On Sat, Aug 09, 2014 at 04:02:45PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Well that's:
>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=754249
Ah that explains why it tries to get removed.

> Instead of trying to mix things up, you probably should be using the
> free driver. Until the proprietary one gets fixed, or forever. :)
I'd avoid fglrx if I could. It crashes lots of things now because the
libclutter problem.

The problem is, that a lot of chipsets just don't work with the free
one. The whole muxless video switching thing.

> (BTW dd@ isn't the right place to get user support or to report bugs.)
I'll shush now too.

 - Craig

--