Re: (Possible) bug in fglrx dependencies in Sid(Unstable)

Charlie Brown <stieizc.33@gmail.com> (2014-08-09):
> Hi,
> I'm using Sid(Unstable). I tried to install fglrx-driver, and failed.
> It seems that fglrx-driver requires xorg-video-abi-15 or below, but
> xserver-xorg-core(1.16.0) in Sid doesn't provide any of them. A search
> in aptitude shows that it provides xorg-video-abi-18.

Well that's:

> So I try to install xserver from Wheezy(stable), but
> xserver-xorg-core(1.12.0) in stable requires libaudit0, which is
> broken by libaudit-common needed by systemd-208, which in turn is why
> I choose unstable:).
>
> I've checked the content of libaudit0, apart from /etc/libaudit.conf,
> it doesn't conflict with libaudit1 and libaudit-common. (See this
> thread: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=158459&p=831357)
> Maybe it's possible to remove the "Brokens: libaudit0" in
> libaudi-common? Then users of Unstable can use backport version of
> xserver-xorg-core.

The Breaks: is here precisely because of the file overlap.

Instead of trying to mix things up, you probably should be using the
free driver. Until the proprietary one gets fixed, or forever. :)

(BTW dd@ isn't the right place to get user support or to report bugs.)

Mraw,
KiBi.