Re: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@acaia.ca> wrote:
On 08/08/2014 12:00 PM, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> I see a solution that would satisfy everybody: whoever is interested in
> supporting this kind of situations could build CD images appropriate for
> them, and everybody else who does not live in the worst connected parts
> of the third world can continue using a modern desktop as usual.

I'd suggest something similar, but in the opposite way you did, so I'd
be more confident on calling Debian "the universal operating system".

The worst connected parts of the third world is the exception to the rule. Requiring edge cases to download a non-default setup does not prevent Debian from being "the universal operating system". I am more concerned about appearing outdated and irrelevant to the more modern parts of the world. The default should be a "modern desktop" experience.