Re: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

On Aug 08, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> I recently spent some time installing community computer labs in rural
> Brazil. Internet bandwidth was nearly nonexistant[1], so if you were
I am sure that we could have a great competition for finding potential
users with even crappier connectivity and even more obsolete computers,
and somebody would improve the record every time!

> If the xfce iso didn't exist, people in these situtations would
> not be able to install a usable Debian system.
I see a solution that would satisfy everybody: whoever is interested in
supporting this kind of situations could build CD images appropriate for
them, and everybody else who does not live in the worst connected parts
of the third world can continue using a modern desktop as usual.

--
ciao,
Marco