Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

Hi,

Thomas Goirand:
> If the CoC makes it impossible for Norbert to express himself in the way
> he just did, then the CoC is bad and should be repelled.

*repealed.

I disagree. Insinuating that the systemd proponents' goal is
>> "One init to rule them all, to bind them, and throw them into darkness!"
is not a contribution to this mailing list that's suitable for furthering
reasoned discourse. To put it mildly. Adding a disclaimer doesn't help,
frankly.

> I'm getting really tired of the internet police and thoughts control...

Well, some other people are way past getting tired of people who jump in
with an anti-systemd rant every time somebody has a legitimate problem
with (part of) it, so I guess we're even.  :-P

In any case, requesting reasoned discourse instead of rants on this list
is not "thought control". You're free to think whatever you want about
systemd. You're also free to express these thoughts in any way, shape or
form you want – but if you need to do it in a way that is detrimental to
this list, please do it someplace else.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs