Re: let missing-debian-source-format lintian tag be a warning!

]] Thomas Goirand

> On 07/15/2014 09:42 AM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > I am not a big fan of the 3.0 (quilt) format because it imposes a patch system.
> > In particular, this format does not make much sense when managing the source
> > package with Git.
>
> I'm not sure I'm following you. I do use git for packaging, and I have
> no problem at all with format 3.0 (quilt). I was resisting to progress
> and reluctant to get out of my comfort zone at first, but now I like it.
> What is it that bothers/annoy you exactly?

I can't speak for Plessy, but the entire concept of using a different,
much more limited patch system on top of git is just.. weird.  It makes
absolutely no sense to dumb down all the rich metadata you have in your
git repository to something that's possible to express using quilt.

It's busywork that has very little value for anybody and a
not-insignificant cost.

--
Tollef Fog Heen