Re: let missing-debian-source-format lintian tag be a warning!

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> It would be nice, however, to have a way to specify the alternate behavior in
> a consistent reliable way (meaning something I can put in the package when I
> add source/format).

Archive consistency is far more important than individual maintainer
preference about this behavior.  People that work on lots of different
packages deserve dpkg-source to act consistently across the entire
archive.

This would be far better solved with a system conffile of some sort
like /etc/dpkg/dpkg-source.cfg, which admittedly doesn't exist yet.

Best wishes,
Mike