Re: let missing-debian-source-format lintian tag be a warning!

Hi Scott,

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> It seems to me 3.0 (Quilt) is still applying patches when the package is
> extracted using dpkg-source.  Is there a way to avoid that too?  That's been
> my major objection.

Can you elaborate on your objection?

Having patches applied by default is one of the main reasons why
people asked for a new source package format. It's very disconcerting for
most people to call dpkg-source -x and then not have the sources as they are
built by Debian.

Thus I believe that the current approach is the right one: apply by
default and let people with special needs use some options.

Can you agree with that? If not, can you explain why you don't agree?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/