Bug#754897: ITP: ui-utilcpp -- UI C++ utility library
Owner: "Stephan SÃ¼rken" <email@example.com>
* Package name : ui-utilcpp
Version : 1.8.2
Upstream Author : Stephan SÃ¼rken <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://ui-utilcpp.sourceforge.net/
* License : LGPL
Programming Lang: C++
Description : UI C++ utility library
A toolbox-like C++ library, with a diverse set of utilities:
* Exception: Generic Exception classes and THROW macros.
* Sys: C++ "exception" wrappers for a wide range of system C functions.
* Cap: Capabilities C++ wrapper.
* CharsetMagic: Charset guessing.
* Recoder: Charset recoding.
* Time: Misc date and time utilities.
* File: Misc file utilities.
* Text: Misc string utilities.
* http/: Minimal HTTP implementiation.
* PosixRegex: Simple wrapper for C 'regexec'.
* QuotaInfo: Wrapper to fs quota information.
* SMLog[Mono]: Syslog Macro Log.
* Socket: Simple Socket abstraction (inet+unix).
* Thread: Process based pseudo thread abstraction.
* CmdLine: Create CLI-like programs.
* GetOpt: Abstraction of GNU C getopt_long(3).
As said, a big variety of tool-like functionality all around
C++, grown over time. Some of the code have arguably been
obsoleted by boost and/or newer C++, but most of it is still
This will be needed to provide continued support for sp-gxmlcpp
(already in Debian) later (which has been renamed ui-gxmlcpp,
and now depends on ui-utilcpp).