Re: let missing-debian-source-format lintian tag be a warning!

Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 03:26:28PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

>> It *is* a shame that the patch-handling aspect of 3.0 (Quilt) is
>> offputting enough to folks that some are avoiding 3.0 altogether and
>> not benefitting from the other improvements. However the
>> single-debian-patch workaround is a pretty good compromise, IMHO, and
>> perhaps just needs wider awareness.

> I wonder, what if we changed the meaning of no debian/source/format to
> 3.0 (quilt) + single-debian-patch?  Would anything break?

Yes: packages that are already using quilt with debian/patches and the 1.0
source format (perhaps because they don't want patches applied
automatically on unpack but instead want control of that in debian/rules
for one reason or another) would not play well with that change, since
both the existing quilt system and the 3.0 (quilt) source format want to
control and interpret debian/patches.