Re: SV: MATE 1.8 has now fully arrived in Debian

On Jo, 26 iun 14, 14:33:49, Wookey wrote:

> Can it be uploaded please? As has been observed, there is a reasonable
> number of people who would like an easy way to control explicitly
> when/if they change to systemd for pid 1. Having to get it from a
> separate repo should not be necessary.

No need to bother, just put this in /etc/apt/preferences:

    Package: bad-package
    Pin: version *
    Pin-Priority: -1
    Explanation: prevent installation of bad-package

Yes, I know everything in Debian is a package, but APT *is* the master
of all packages :p

Kind regards,
Andrei