Re: Sources licensed under PHP License and not being PHP are not distributable

On Jun 26, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> I have no objection to the ftp team's decision to treat this as an automatic
> reject on this basis - I don't think a license that requires us to make
> false statements is suitable for main - but it's wrong to claim that these
> works are undistributable.
Reality check #1: it is quite obvious that even if anybody else accepts
this interpretation then nobody cares.
Reality check #2: Debian would not be viable without major packages like
PHP support for imagemagick or memcached, if we do we may as well remove
the the whole language.

--
ciao,
Marco