Re: Sources licensed under PHP License and not being PHP are not distributable

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014, at 13:36, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> On 06/26/14 14:00, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> > I should have done this earlier before cloning the bugs, so here's
> > some more background on the bugs filled.
> >
> > I did have a quite long and extensive chat with FTP Masters
> > and our conclusion was that PHP License (any version) is
> > suitable only for software that comes directly from "PHP Group",
> > that basically means only PHP (src:php5) itself.
>
> Could you elaborate on the reasoning of that? Neither your email to
> -devel nor the one to -legal[1] explains why you think so and whatever
> it is, I think it's far from obvious. I think an outcome that results in
> a mass (RC) bug filing needs to be better documented than that -- and
> btw, you're supposed to mail debian-devel *before* you do so, not after;
> cf. developer's reference 7.1.1.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just did the dirty work.

I have discussed this with ftp-masters and release team before
filling the bugs, arguing heavily in disagreement with ftp-master's
REJECT FAQ - the PHP License REJECT is there since 2005.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server