Re: SV: MATE 1.8 has now fully arrived in Debian

Hi,

Thomas Goirand:
> On 06/25/2014 02:23 AM, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > Are you going to recommend a $package-must-die for each of them?
>
> Do you know any other package like systemd, with a non-negligible amount
> of users willing to *not* have it installed, but which is always brought
> back by insidious reverse dependencies?

I object to "insidious". We have decided to use systemd as the default.
Any dependency on it cannot be 'insidious'; I also don't think that the
maintainer of the package in question did this with intent to annoy
people who don't like systemd.

If you don't like that depencendy, it's your job to offer a patch which
supports an alternative to that maintainer.
--
-- Matthias Urlichs