Re: so, systemd now and teh world still turns...

On Thu, 2014-06-05 at 01:13 +0100, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi Svante,
>
> The official source of it is here:
> http://users.unixforge.de/~tglaser/debs/dists/etch/wtf/Pkgs/mirabilos-support/
>
> That was announced in this thread (which you started!) :
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/05/msg00271.html
>
> Remember to also set the package as 'held', or else APT will try to
> remove it in order to satisfy a systemd dependency!

Thanks to the systemd-must-die package I've prevented a new sneak in of
systemd-sysv on one of my computers. (have to get rid of the one already
there, time to boot is minutes and time from login to desktop is also
minutes :-( Faster boot, bah!)

Is there a way to avoid getting a package installed when dist-upgrading
(systemd would be installed even if I set sysvinit-core on hold, which
prevents systemd-sysv)

I wonder how much of mate depends on systemd? mate is next to try on
this box :(