Re: software outside Debian (Re: holes in secure apt)

* Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>, 2014-06-23, 14:24:
* Christoph Anton Mitterer <calestyo@scientia.net>, 2014-06-22, 04:34:
There are a few mechanisms to mitigate downgrade attacks within the archive:
* Valid-Until fields in the Release files;
I still think the time spans are far too long here...

For the record, the validity periods currently are:
[...]
can someone please tell me against what I could report a bug (i.e. politely ask for enhancement by making the time span much smaller)?

My guesses would be:

"reportbug ftp.debian.org" for unstable and experimental;
"reportbug release.debian.org" for testing, (old)stable and their (proposed-)updates;
team@security.d.o for the security.d.o archive;
debian-lts@lists.d.o for squeeze-lts.

Those are all dak configuration, so controlled by ftpmaster.

I don't doubt it. :-) What I doubt is that ftp-masters would be willing to alter the configuration without blessing of the respective teams. But I could be wrong, of course.

--
Jakub Wilk