Re: llvm-defaults vs update alternatives

On 21/06/2014 19:19, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
>
>> Any opinions on the subject?
> There is already the CC (and CXX etc) environment variable to select
> the compiler, they should use that.
I am not talking about Clang but LLVM here. LLVM itself ships some binaries:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/llvm-3.4/filelist
About Clang, I am planning to keep on matching what is done with gcc.

> Build systems that ignore those environment variables are broken and
> need to be fixed.

Yes, but we have plenty of packages not honoring CC, CXX or CLFAGS.

Sylvestre