Re: Where / what is the repo for netkit-telnetd source packages?

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 6:18 AM, Wookey wrote:

> telnet is still very useful for various things.

I use telnet a lot but I would never ever install telnetd. Can you
share some use-cases for telnetd?

> And packages don't
> _have_ to have vcs repositories - they can just have good
> old-fashioned tarballs/releases and still be real projects.

Some folks even prefer no VCS when it comes packaging.

> We have plenty of tools for making and sending patches which work
> without the need for a cloned vcs.

Indeed, for upstream though it is far more
convenient/important/helpful to have a VCS.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise