Re: how to deal with a missed so bump already uploaded ?

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 01:18:29PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 12:42:10 +0200, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:
>
> > Note that e.g. haskell-zeromq4-haskell already requires zeromq 4.x to build, and
> > others (python-zmq, hbro, ...) depend on libzmq3 >= 4.0.1, so zeromq4 should be
> > packaged first, those packages updated to build depend on libzmq4-dev and then
> > zeromq3 re-uploaded with the old version. The other reverse build-deps of
> > zeromq3 should probably be binNMUed as well once that's done to get the proper
> > build-time macros.
> >
> Is there any chance we can avoid shipping 3 different zeromq versions?

Well, if libtango is updated to the new behaviour, zeromq3 can probably be
removed (assuming no other package is broken). Or maybe the old behaviour can be
made available using a flag or something in zeromq4.

As for zeromq (zeromq 2.x) the only real reverse depends is libzeromq-perl but
that's not a leaf package either.

This should be discussed with the zeromq maintainer though (and possibly
upstream), but he hasn't responded to the bug report or this discussion yet.

Cheers