Re: how to deal with a missed so bump already uploaded ?

On sab, mag 17, 2014 at 08:28:13 +0000, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel wrote:
> > Reverse dependencies are anything but unrelated.
>
> Hello julien, from the point of view of the release team.
> What should be do now ?
>
> to my opinion, all we have to do is to upload
> zeromq3 with this ugly but necessary +really versionnumber
>
> 4.0.3+really-3.2.4-1

1:3.2.4 is not as ugly. The 3.x series is unlikely to get any new upstream
releases anyway, so the epoch shouldn't be a problem in the future.

> then the problem should be fixed once migrated into testing.
>
> is that all ?

Note that e.g. haskell-zeromq4-haskell already requires zeromq 4.x to build, and
others (python-zmq, hbro, ...) depend on libzmq3 >= 4.0.1, so zeromq4 should be
packaged first, those packages updated to build depend on libzmq4-dev and then
zeromq3 re-uploaded with the old version. The other reverse build-deps of
zeromq3 should probably be binNMUed as well once that's done to get the proper
build-time macros.

Cheers