systemd-sysv: #747535 Was: Re: systemd-fsck?

severity 747535 serious
thanks

Please Tollef :(

On Sun, 2014-05-11 at 09:00 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sat, 10 May 2014 20:57:28 +0100, Ben Hutchings
> <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> >On Sat, 2014-05-10 at 19:53 +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> >> * Matthias Urlichs <matthias@urlichs.de>, 2014-05-10, 19:13:
> >>
> >> For end users? I don't think so.
> >
> >If a package is not changed to fix the FTBFS, then it will be removed
> >from testing and will miss the next release.  The effect on end users is
> >not immediate (package is still in stable and unstable) but there is
> >breakage that other maintainers need to fix.
>
> The effect is not immediate, yes. An unwanted change to systemd not
> supporting a feature that it vital to booting non-trivial crypto disk
> schemes is immediate on unstable users, and since systemd maintainers
> do not consider this an RC bug, it wil make testing systems unbootable
> in two weeks time.

Can we please separate the bugs in this thread: This one is about
systemd-sysv being dragged in by network-manager and gdm3  via
libpam-systemd, effectively changing init system to systemd _without_
notifying the user, not dirmngr using sudo or start-stop-daemon:#668890,
#670700