Re: New Cinnamon Maintainer, looking for help

Hi,

I've been working with Maxy in creating these packages and I can
answer your questions.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi, yes, I realise you can't push to that repo, so you have another. That's not
> my point. There's nothing stopping your other repo from being a clone of the
> original, so there's a relationship between your efforts and the current
> package in Debian.

There's also nothing stopping you from going to the web interface and
checking.  If you go to:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/cinnamon/cinnamon.git;a=shortlog

You will see that before the commits made by Maxy and me there are
also the commits made by the previous maintainer.  So, yes, it's a
clone.

The original mail said "new packages" because most of them are
actually new.  Since cinnamon 1.7, the cinnamon desktop environment
has added many more packages that were not included in that release,
and so it was impossible to clone from them.  The packages uploaded by
the previous maintainer were cinnamon, muffin and nemo.  The packages
currently prepared by us are: cinnamon-desktop, cinnamon-menus,
cinnamon-session, cinnamon-themes, cjs, cinnamon-screensaver,
cinnamon-settings-daemon, muffin, nemo, cinnamon,
cinnamon-control-center, cinnamon-bluetooth

> Then, when the developer MIA / package maintainer situation
> is resolved, these can all be reconciled.

Sure.  We have now both been added as admins of the pkg-cinnamon repo
and will consider moving the git repos there.  Since we want MORE
people to contribute instead of less, we wanted to get the
administrative procedures out of the way, and that's why we originally
chose collab-maint instead of waiting for pkg-cinnamon to be made
available.

--
Besos,
Marga