Re: New Cinnamon Maintainer, looking for help

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 04:14:36PM +0200, Maximiliano Curia wrote:
> The cinnamon package and dependencies included in Debian are currently
> uninstallable, and have been unmantained for a year.
>
> I have prepared new packages, adding their sources to the collab-maint
> alioth project.  There's still quite a lot of work to do in order to
> bring these packages into Debian shape, so I encourage anyone who's
> interested to contact me, so that we can work together.

You should not start with fresh packages. We have processes for managing this
situation:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/beyond-pkging.html#mia-qa

The current package is maintained in git already at
<http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-cinnamon/cinnamon.git>. I haven't
checked but in an ideal world your repository would be a clone of this, to make
eventual harmonisation easier.