Re: About a mass bug report not based on Sid or Jessie.

> * Russ Allbery:

>> No, but you have to re-run autoconf in order to get the changes to the
>> Libtool m4 files into the actual configure script.  So you'd be okay if
>> you only needed to patch ltmain.sh with no configure support, but not
>> for anything deeper.

> Oh dear, what a mess.  Now I definitely agree that dh-autoreconf is
> the only thing that provides long-term compatibility.  It's a bit sad.

There's no substitute for rebuilding from source.  :)  I used to be a bit
skeptical of that push for Autoconf and friends, but the more I've worked
with it, the more I've come around to the position that we should treat
the configure script the same way that we would treat *.o files in the
upstream source.