Re: automatic autoconf config file updating

* Bas Wijnen <wijnen@debian.org>, 2014-04-17, 22:11:
On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 07:08:30PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
a) I dislike dh-autoreconf: It removes changed files which breaks my workflow where disappearing files are treated as an error.

AFAIK this is incorrect. It will make backup copies during build, and replace them during clean.

I think this needs an entry on
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_misconceptions>. :-P

From the manpage: “dh_autoreconf […] is complemented by dh_autoreconf_clean which creates a list of all changed and added files and removes them.”

--