Re: the importance of defaults (was: Debian default desktop environment)

previously on this list Cesare Leonardi contributed:

> On 12/04/2014 12:23, alberto fuentes wrote:

> While i like Xfce, my current DE, the thing i worry most is that it
> seems almost stagnant: the latest release (4.10) was from 2 years ago
> and from the Xfce main site and blog i see no advancements.
> Really really a pity.

4.11 is downloadable actually, xfce follows a stable philosophy like
debian does. You should also compare like for like, 4.11 or 4.10 to mate
as debian stables (itself old) packages are far older than "two
years".

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)