Re: About a mass bug report not based on Sid or Jessie.

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 05:10:40PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
[..snip..]
> So arguably, such a behavior change should be tied to a debhelper compat
> level change.
>
> But I think we ought to switch to autoreconfing by default.

I do too but I do wonder if this might make stable backports harder
since newer autoconf macros might not be available in stable and we
wouldn't have noticed (or cared) until rerunning autoreconf. So being
able to easily turn it off would be nice.
Cheers,
 -- Guido