Re: Why Debian

+++ Alberto Salvia Novella [2014-04-12 18:16 +0200]:
> Why you choose to develop in Debian over any other distribution?

Because of the wide architecture support.

That what was what got me involved in the first place.

And I also really liked the regularity of it as a distro, from an
admin/user point of view (files being placed consistently, policy on
things as mundane as the delete/backspace key, and applied everywhere,
along with excellent upgradeability.  Having also used Red Hat (5)
Debian seemed significantly beter in these various technical ways.

14 years later the original reasons have not gone away, which is
pleasing, and now that I know how the tools and community work I have
no desire to learn it all again for some other distro :-)

Why do you ask?

Wookey
http://wookware.org/