Re: Why Debian

On 12 April 2014 18:16, Alberto Salvia Novella <es20490446e@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why you choose to develop in Debian over any other distribution?

For me, Debian is the best distro. That's my main reason.

Also:
 * I use Debian for all (from netbooks, laptops, desktop, to
high-demand servers).
 * There is a big community.
 * The technical level is high. Is challenging. I want to keep that
and I want to contribute and be a part of it.
 * Debian project as a FLOSS project is serious. I like important
things to be serious and meticulous.
 * I like the 'Debian style' and policy. Many aspects: FHS, packages
management, etc..
 * Here, there are some great hackers I want to learn from.
 * There isn't one big company making decision based on 'the market'.

I'm neither DD nor DM, but I do develop.
--
Arturo Borrero González