Re: Debian default desktop environment

previously on this list Philip Hands contributed:

> As for my grumpy tone, I apologise for that -- it probably comes from
> the several voluminous threads on debian-devel recently spouting drivel
> about systemd which I may have unfairly associated with this thread.

If you think it's all drivel then I would suggest you do not understand
the issues raised or the opposing points of view of many.

https://plus.google.com/+TheodoreTso/posts/4W6rrMMvhWU

p.s. If you read far enough then please ignore the part about sudo
being coarse grained as it allows a far more fine grained approach than
the defaults of polkit and the rediculous pkexec with great
intuitive power to the user too. In any other case proper specific priv
sep should be used anyway.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)