Re: systemd - some more considerations

On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 08:27:01AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Chow Loong Jin <hyperair <at> debian.org> writes:
>
> > For the record, there's CONFIG_BINFMT_SCRIPT, which when disabled, causes
> all
> > #! scripts to be run under /bin/sh unconditionally.
> >
> > *everything* runs under /bin/sh, including Perl, Python, and Bash scripts.
>
> Yes, and /bin/sh is supposed to parse the shebang and call out to
> the interpreter. AFAICT, mksh does. That the kernel can also do it
> is just a shortcut.

Are you sure about this? AFAICT this seems to be the exception rather than the
rule. Running my Python scripts (with appropriate #!s) through zsh, bash, and
dash don't seem to automagically redirect them to Python.

Some references would be helpful. I can't seem to find anything on this through
some cursory googling.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin