Re: systemd - some more considerations

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 11:58:17AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> [...]
> Am I understanding you correctly that you don't think there are any
> situations where compiling out features from the kernel can lead to pid1
> not working would be acceptable?

For the record, there's CONFIG_BINFMT_SCRIPT, which when disabled, causes all
#! scripts to be run under /bin/sh unconditionally.

*everything* runs under /bin/sh, including Perl, Python, and Bash scripts.

sysvinit as pid1 still works, sure, but everything else doesn't, and you won't
even finish booting without that option set.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin