Re: FTPMaster position statement about package contents

On 13529 March 1977, Steve Langasek wrote:

> I can understand the ftp team's desire to sidestep any moral questions here,
> but in the process I think your guidelines have wound up vague and
> overbroad, as they suggest that as a project we will never take a stand for
> anything but only do what's safe.

Yes, they are vague. We are using the most extreme example, but besides
that we haven't listed anything specific.

Now, your question does imply that the FTP Team should take over the
moral judgement for the project. Should we issue statements that
$somesubject is unacceptable for Debian as a project, instead of "just"
for the archive, the area we are responsible for?

I reply to the rest later.

--
bye, Joerg
Die Dicke zum Spiegel: Spieglein, Spieglein an der Wand, wer ist die