Re: dist-upgrade strangeness: dependencies not deconfigured

Norbert Preining <preining <at> logic.at> writes:

> In the trigger program we already check that texlive base is in proper
> state (ii in dpkg listing), but that seems not to be enough.

ISTR reading somewhere that Depends do not mean that the dependency is
always configured before the package depending on it is configured, but
only that it once was configured successfully.

The difference can be annoying, yes. Especially as such things are
very hard to test – or even think of, in the first place.

bye,
//mirabilos