dist-upgrade strangeness: dependencies not deconfigured

Dear all,

during upgrade tests from stable to sid I found that upgrading
TeX Live does not work.

The reason is that although texlive-common is uninstalled,
and texlive-base (2012) *depends* on texlive-common,
texlive-base is still in installed and proper state:

un  texlive-common <none>       <none>       (no description available)
ii  texlive-base   2012.2012061 all          TeX Live: Essential programs and

Is this *supposed* to be? If yes, how can I guarantee that a package
is *deconfigured* when some of the dependencies are uninstalled?

Thanks

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13