Re: stop posting useless cruft and get to work (systemd and Linux are *fundamentally incompatible* -> and I can prove it)

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:38:40AM -0500, Kevin Toppins wrote:
> On 26 March 2014 10:13, Cameron Norman <camerontnorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > That is pretty much impossible, according to the developers of the logind
> > API and its single implementation. Perhaps a subset of the logind API for
> > use by desktop environments / compositors would be more useful in this init
> > and OS portability predicament. I think Matthias Clasen, a GNOME developer,
> > actually recently expressed interest in this from a portable window manager
> > and compositor's perspective.

Ryan Lortie said he'd work with others on some minimal logind like API
during 3.14 cycle. But focussed on entire GNOME stack, not just
gnome-shell. Complication being GDM (=extra work). Implementation on
non-Linux to be done by those developers (FreeBSD, etc; they seems to be
ok with that)

> I can tell you right now, it is *vastly more difficult* to try to
> adapt programs modified to work with systemd in their current state,
> than it is to *revert* those programs to their pre-systemd state.

You're so certain while so utterly wrong on so many levels it is pretty
amusing and embarrassing at the same time. You said you don't easily get
offended, but hopefully you do pickup some learnings here.

--
Regards,
Olav (GNOME release team)