Re: [cjwatson <at> debian.org: Accepted grub2 2.02~beta2-7 (source i386)]

On 24/03/14 16:17, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Allowing things with mismatching changelog vs. distribution into the
> archive will introduce problems by the way, since cowbuilder just
> copies the distribution from the changelog

Thanks for the useful data point, but this isn't about allowing things
that aren't already allowed - uploads can already have a mismatch
between the changelog (.changes Changes: field) and .changes

I would like lintian + the ftp-masters' lintian glue to forbid certain
things that are currently allowed but do not make sense (and as you
point out, will break cowbuilder if porters use that), such as

(I would recommend that porters doing manual builds use sbuild if at all
possible, though, to be as close as possible to what a buildd would have
done.)