Re: [cjwatson@debian.org: Accepted grub2 2.02~beta2-7 (source i386)]

On 12/03/14 09:24, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:
> * Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> [140311 12:21]:
>> Russ said
>>> I think we only want to do this check if the first line of the
>>> Changes file says UNRELEASED, since there are valid use cases
>>> for a mismatch otherwise.
>
> I have a package which branched off an UNRELEASED state to
> experimental, and in the process of that it changed it's source
> package name (same software, but incompatible version). FWIW, the
> changelog will forever have that UNRELEASED entry down there,
> because it's an accurate representation of history.

That's fine; my lintian patch only looked at the top (latest)
changelog entry. Older entries can be UNRELEASED if they need to be.

I would personally have moved the changes that were made in the
unreleased state into the next released changelog entry rather than
keeping the UNRELEASED one - on the basis that until a change is in a
release, in some sense it hasn't really happened - but I can
understand your point of view, and I wouldn't want to break that way
of working.