Re: [cjwatson@debian.org: Accepted grub2 2.02~beta2-7 (source i386)]

* Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> [140311 12:21]:
> Russ said
> > I think we only want to do this check if the first line of the
> > Changes file says UNRELEASED, since there are valid use cases for a
> > mismatch otherwise.
>
> but I don't know what those valid use-cases are. BinNMUs in testing
> for a package uploaded to experimental, possibly? Anything else?

I have a package which branched off an UNRELEASED state to
experimental, and in the process of that it changed it's source
package name (same software, but incompatible version). FWIW, the
changelog will forever have that UNRELEASED entry down there,
because it's an accurate representation of history.

--
 ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>
: :' :  Debian Developer