Re: building arch:all packages on the buildd network (was: Re: when will we finally throw away binary uploads)

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> For the implementation we might want to have a priority list. The
> first architecture from the priority list that is allowed in
> Build-Arch-Indep (or whatever) would build the arch:all packages. The
> list would likely start with amd64 or i386 so that arch:all packages
> without Build-Arch-Indep would be built on amd64 (i386).

It should also be an architecture for which an architecture-specific
package is built (if any are).

Everything else could be either handled with Build-Arch-Indep or
Build-Conflicts-Indep.

[The basic goal should be to require as little maintainer futzing with
control as possible while building on a single architecture.]

I finally developed
a computer with feelings.
It just doesn't have
feelings for me.