Re: default init on non-Linux platforms

Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> writes:
> On 02/20/2014 15:28, Thomas Goirand wrote:

>> Also, we have an ALIVE UPSTREAM TEAM, and an evolving project, which is
>> IMO important (is there anyone still working on sysv-rc apart from a
>> few Debian maintainers? my understanding is: we're alone now...).

> Doesn't it still use the (unmaintained?) sysvinit? But then, that's only
> a part that probably doesn't need much maintainance anyway.

I believe that sysvinit and sysv-rc are both actively maintained by at
least Petter Reinholdsten and possibly also Roger Leigh and Werner Fink (I
haven't checked recent commit activity, but Petter has definitely been
doing new development on those packages), and that they consider
themselves to be upstream, not just Debian package maintainers.  I
wouldn't classify either as unmaintained upstream, although the level of
resources available is currently low compared to the other init systems
we've been discussing.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/sysvinit is the upstream home page.