Re: pulseaudio related problems....

On 18/02/2014 12:13, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> In data martedì 18 febbraio 2014 12.03.57, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz ha
> scritto:
>> That works here just fine, just tested it while listening to music
>> on Youtube. You really must be doing something completely wrong
>> when you are having so much trouble with Pulse Audio.
> A certain number of users seem to be having troubles with pulseaudio, yet you
> keep insisting that it's just their fault and that since you can't reproduce
> (have you even tried?) then the problem doesn't exist.
>
> We understood it, for you pulseaudio is completely bug free and all the
> problems about it are just the users. Do you need to repeat it many more
> times? Because I can see that for your opinion the number of people claiming
> to have encountered problems with it is completely irrelevant.

Did you at least try to get to the point described in the wiki page:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/PerfectSetup/

If going step by step in this file does not make your Pulseaudio setup
work for you, then it is a bug in pulseaudio (the program or the
documentation).

If it works, then it's either a bug in pulseaudio (the debian package)
or another package (incompatible with pulseaudio; either the debian
packaging or the program).

Sincerely
--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq