Re: when will we finally throw away binary uploads (Re: Please upgrade your build environment when you are affected by transition

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 10:17:46PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> nope, it's worse than you think: the arch specific package built on the
> developers machine (in a "random"^wnon predicatable environment) will not be
> rebuild, there are also no build logs available.
>
> See https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=html2text - you can only
> hope that I've build it in a clean environment and there aint a logfile for
> the amd64 build of that arch:any package.

If your source package also builds an architecture independent package
(not the case for html2text), you can do an architecture independent
build locally. ftp happily takes your upload without architecture specific
packages and builds the missing binaries including all logs (except for
the architecture independent ones).

Hope this helps

Helmut