Unreleased libraries

Hello,

I am interested in packaging Skia ( https://code.google.com/p/skia/ ), the 2D library used in Chromium, Firefox and others. I need it because a package I maintain (witty) is replacing GraphicsMagick with Skia.

I went to Skia's download page and... found there is none: Skia does not make releases, tags, or anything like that. You download from Subversion and the svn revision is all you have.

Is there a policy on how to package software that does not make releases?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skia_Graphics_Engine
https://code.google.com/p/skia/

Thank you

--